Tuesday, November 20, 2007

return to me



It was the most beautiful morning yesterday. When I woke up and took the dog outside, the world was shrouded in fog. Typical for inland Southern California mornings. I could see the sun was coming up, even though it too was enveloped in the thick white mist. Walking along the bottom of the hill was like walking through a dream. The world was silent. No one else existed aside from me and Luke.







By the time we got the top of the hill, the sun was breaking through, sending the mist scurrying into the atmosphere. It hung low in the valley, pocketed by the foothills. Glorious. I am constantly amazed at how beautiful the world is between the hour of 6 and 7 am. I think it is God's way of blessing those who are unfortunate enough to be up and about that time of day.







I have been memorizing Scripture week by week. Incidentally, my verse for last week was from Isaiah 44:22.


I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.












It was so beautiful to see this verse take place before my own eyes. My sin, my wrong, all my mistakes. They tend to weigh so heavily on me, and I carry them on my shoulders, a load much too great for me. It is so unnecessary. To God, they are nothing more than the mist, swept away by His truth of forgiveness, His light. Wow.








Return to me. He, who sweeps away all offense and sin. He, who redeems us, calls us His own, makes us whole.








Return.




Some more photos for your enjoyment.








2 comments:

Dominique Dynes said...

beautiful friend. thanks for sharing what you get to see so early in the morning!

Tamara Jackson said...

Beautiful Beautiful photos Steph! thanks for posting one on Lux and for linking up to your blog :) I added you to my RSS :)