Monday, August 9, 2010

from a dog-lover

That's me. I love dogs. I do. They make great companions and are ALWAYS excited to see you, whether you've been gone five minutes or five days. What's not to love?

This weekend I went with my roommate to to the 4th Annual BIG DOGS ROCK Adoption Event at Fiesta Island. And I filled out an application to adopt a dog! A big step and a big responsibility...but I have been thinking about getting a dog since moving into the house.

In my family, pets are treated like members of the family.We give our pets gifts at Christmas and for their birthdays. Sometimes we even sing "Happy Birthday" to them. I am excited about the prospect of having my own furry friend and can't wait to hit up some of San Diego's great dog beaches!

More to come on the dog adoption process as things move along...

No comments: