Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's finally here!

My new MacBook has finally entered my life and I'm sooo happy! It is fast, beautiful, reliable, and...oh so pretty. Such an event ushers in much responsibility though. I must, must, must get myself back on a solid writing schedule. In the fall, I had a whole schedule laid out for myself, and I was going to finish the book before Christmas. Well, life has a funny way of getting in the way sometimes. October, November, and December were such busy months, and having a decrepit computer made for a really good excuse to put aside the writing life. So. Now that life has slowed down a little bit and I have this wonderful new computer, I am going to create a new schedule for myself and do my absolute hardest to stick to it! 

Finishing the novel will be such a huge accomplishment. I don't even feel as though I would to do anything with it--just know that it is finished. And I have some other ideas I would love to start working on, but I just can't leave a thing undone. The novel must be done. 

So, no more excuses. There are chapters to be written, scenes to be developed, and characters to get to know. 

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Tamara Jackson said...

Good luck! you can do it!

Rowdy said...

is that smith rock in your title photo??

Stephanie said...

It's Garden of the Gods...I don't recall which formation though.

Jenifire said...

Congrats on the new computer! I'm jealous. And good luck with the writing plan. I know you can do anything you set your mind to. :)