Sunday, March 28, 2010

Carlsbad Flower Fields

This weekend I visited the Carlsbad Flower Fields with a friend. It was my first time. We didn't know we were going on Kids Day. And there LOTS of families there! It was a gorgeous San Diego Saturday full of warm sunshine. Spending it outside in the beautiful flower fields was the perfect way to enjoy the weather.


Beautiful flower fields (and, yes, that IS a port-a-potty in the corner...). Carlsbad is famous for these flowers: ranunculus. Isn't that a fun word? I am pretty fond of them. Here's a closer shot of these cute flowers.


Aren't they pretty? And they come in such great colors too!


Here's a view of the fields overlooking Carlsbad, the outlet mall (yay!), and the ocean. Not a bad view!


Definitely worth the $10 admission fee!

4 comments:

hopefulone said...

This is so beautiful Steph!

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Hope! Be sure to check out the photography blog soon...I'm posting more pics there!

Karen Fine said...

Hi! I'd like to use your beautiful Carlsbad Flower Field picture in my post for spring on my website. Please let me know if that is not okay. :-) I'll reference your blog, too. THANKS! Karen www.finecooks.com (also fellow San Diegan)

Stephanie said...

Karen--Yes, absolutely! I sent an email to your info@ on your website too!