Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring has Sprung

It is spring in San Diego. I think spring may just be my favorite season here, and I know we don't get a lot in the way of seasons. But spring definitely exists. It is the one time of year when this near-desert locale is green. We have been getting a lot of rain this winter, at least by San Diego standards, and it is totally worth it. All the hills are lush, and random flowers pop up along the freeways. It is warm (usually), but not yet hot and dry like summer. Everything smells awesome. And I really like to smell things.

One of the greatest scents God created is orange blossoms. Seriously, if Estee Lauder could bottle that stuff I would wear nothing else. It is amazing. At my parents' house, the air is so heavily perfumed with it this time of year, it's intoxicating.

  It has rained every Saturday for the last four or five weeks now. I am a little upset that we've had sunny, beautiful days during the week while I'm sitting in my office, and rain and wind on my days off. But...today there are blue skies, some big puffy clouds, and a spring breeze. And the forecast for the weekend is sunny!

So welcome, Spring, to San Diego. We're so glad to see you again.

Happy Spring.

3 comments:

hopefulone said...

Oh Steph! I love spring, and really wish it would come to Minnesota, glad it's come to San Diego.

Stephanie said...

I was always SO ready for spring in March when I lived in Minnesota! Ready for all the snow to melt, the mud to dry up, the trees to leaf, and to put away the winter coat for a few months. :)

hopefulone said...

Ugh, This is my life. I wish I lived in San Diego, for more reasons than one. Life is being pretty burdening right now.